Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Monday, September 14, 2009

4. How does Your Garden Grow?

08/22/2009

We had record rainfall this month and we have already surpassed the record for August. Why do I tell you that? Because as I was absorbing Common Scents in the Master’s garden my tail instantly rose and I went into a stance. Never know what you’re going to find in the garden these days. There was the largest zucchini I ever saw – I swear I saw its eyes glaring at me! It wasn’t there just a few days ago – must have sucked up the rain like a sponge. Suckers grow like mushrooms on a manure pile. Also noticed several of the tomato plants already turning brown. Master planted them the first week of April in a wall-of-water (Google if you want an early crop of vegetables). Although Master has been harvesting tomatoes since July 7th (45 days earlier than last year), the plants seem to be reaching their mature (see, I can be sensitive even to tomato plants by not using the word “old”) state an equal number of days early. But then, what can you expect with direct sun and temperatures in the upper 90’s for weeks at a time – that’s the climate I am talking about, not politics (I must be watching too much “cable network” TV). How does YOUR garden grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment