Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Monday, September 14, 2009

6. Here's to Your Health

08/23/2009

Darn. Went to the Vet last week and must have picked up a case of fleas. I’m ten and despite running around outside in the forest and weeds for hours in a day, I never had fleas until I went to the new Vet in WV – had my share of ticks though. That’ll teach me to take advantage of preventive care. Master who hadn’t seen a doctor in 35 years had a similar situation. He picked up his first virus getting a physical in order to establish a new doctor. Couldn’t have been from the nurse with protective gloves could it have been? She did have gloves on! Oh -- she did some typing on the unprotected PC keyboard before picking up a thermometer and sticking it into your mouth? Thank you, Master, for that piece of information. What? The office looked like it wasn’t seriously cleaned in weeks either? Be careful residents of Keyser, WV.

Last night some Clown on Cable News reported that we all need to buy into the new Health Care bill because lack of preventive care is killing 60,000 people per year. Do you know any Medicare or Medicaid people who don’t overuse preventive care? Do ANY of the people in a large employer health care plan ignore the perks of preventive care in their plan? I suppose that “accurate” 60,000 number must then relate only to the remainder of the people -- like illegal immigrants, drug addicts who can’t afford insurance because they need their “habit”, people who could afford insurance but don’t get it because cars, fancy clothes and jewelry, vacations and trips, organic food, boats, dining out, second homes, etc. are NECESSITIES of life. Granted, there are individuals who are victims of circumstances, such as drug addict babies who are left on doorsteps or those uninsured because of the high cost of insurance given a preexisting condition. But I think I can logically reduce that 60,000 number safely below 2000 – just my Common Scents. I suggest the Clown stop alarming people or making them feel guilty that they might harm somebody should they challenge him – he chased me under the bed until I came to my senses. We probably could even reduce the 2000 number significantly because a large percentage of people would not have benefited by preventive care even a year earlier. Do you think if I run to the doctor to have routine test that they will predict my tail will fall off in four years? Get serious – use some Common Scents (Sense for you). Plus, not all earlier diagnoses will prevent the same death. However, it may move higher treatment and specialized tests earlier – now these wouldn’t drive up the cost of everybody’s insurance would it? Just to check some facts, Master ran his health care provider’s model to see what the rates of the cheapest preventive care oriented plan was compared to his plan. For a mere $130/month MORE he could switch to that plan and enjoy paying an additional 25% on EVERYTHING, including major medical, after a same deductible he has today. Wow – a 75% payout plan instead of a 100% payout after same deductible. But he could take advantage of free preventive care up to $500 per year. Now there’s a deal!

Common Scents always tells me to avoid the buzzing in the grass – bees don’t like to be disturbed. They also tell me certain odors always need to be approached with caution or you’ll end up smelling the same. Plus, there’s no free lunch – I will always regurgitate part of it. I can understand the importance of “sit”, “down”, “stay”, “come”, but don’t throw that other mumbo jumbo at me unless you want me to show you my superior Common Scents side of me. If you can’t speak my language, take a hike. I know a great path for you to take (hehe – The Left animal romps there and I am positive the Clown hikes it too). Please also see: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/aug/17/david-brooks/brooks-claims-preventive-care-will-cost-government/

No comments:

Post a Comment