Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Monday, September 14, 2009

16. Play Ball

08/30/2009

Pant, pant, pant … throw me the ball, throw me the ball. I love playing ball. Today I want to congratulate the Chula Vista, CA Little League Baseball team on winning the 2009 world title. Although they hit 19 HRs in the previous 5 games, they won this one against Taipei, China without a one – persistence and concentration. That shows real teamwork. Master coached Texas Pony Little League in the 80’s and took his team, Furrs, into the first Pony League “world” series (actually only Texas, New Mexico, and maybe Oklahoma). I wasn’t around yet then, but have seen the pictures he still occasionally looks at both his 9-10 year old league winning team and the World Series entry team. His 5-6 years of coaching Pony baseball were proud and rewarding years regardless of victory. Many of the stars later went on and played college ball. I hope all the youngsters share some of his positive values and Common Sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment