Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, January 20, 2012

410. Response to Comment on Post #408

I just keep trying to remember how it was when I was your age. Was I as vigilant as I am today, or did the media cover the right stuff correctly? I can't be sure. But, we'd be talking around 1981 : 2nd year in Amarillo the first time, Sesame Street, Electric Co, Land of the Lost, etc. I can not remember ever watching a CNN or FOX News, even a news report on major network. Did get a paper, but even today Amarillo paper is nothing more than cat litter box floor. Internet? NONE -- Al Gore didn't 'invent" it yet. . So, I am leaning towards NEVER even informed of events of importance. Thus, your are on you own as to what to do with this info and react I guess, as am I. However, my future has a closer termination point and anything happening today may never mature to be really, really catastrophic. How would I deal with all this if I were you? Can't get my mind in your shoes -- can't seriously imagine that I will live 30 years longer than now and drum up scenarios. Guess we all learn to adapt. What really bothers me about politics is thqt ONLY the SUPER rich can afford to play it at the upper levels. We HAVE to elect a SUPER rich person who probably has an ego to carry -- an ego with not DESIRE but WANTING to take control of the world. SCARY! We can only hope we get a Ronald Reagan who I feel believed he was actually out to help we peons even tho9ugh he was SUPER rich. A YOUNG schmuck like OBlunder can't possibly have the real WISDOM of an older Reagan and LEAD the world. I hate to stereotype, but Wisdom of the world AND life (relationships, real feelings about people and events, hands-on experience with actions and results, wins AND losses, etc.) do not come with a person OBlunder's age. All he's qualified to do is HIRE more unqualified, incompetent people who think like him. 

But, how about the media? I wonder what percent of the news media (overall must have increased 1000% since 1980) are my "sterotyped" age range? Do you watch whaqt I did when I did? A Walter Cronkite type: mature, seasoned, calm, focused on facts and not opinions? Hardly. Now every reporter chases only his on tail -- remember the quote I posted a few weeks back by Stephen King:    "Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else".  Seems to be the reporter's motto, instead of my Boy Scout religion -- Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, King, Cheerful, Thrifty, Obedient, Clean, Reverent. You live by the Boy Scout religion and you won't be asking Christian vs. Muslin, right vs. wrong, love vs. hate, etc. -- you be living the best life you can.

So, I need a conclusion. A answer to your comment. I can only suggest SPEAK OUT to others, but not just the rant or complaint, but some background re life as it is now and why it is going down hill fast. We all need to pull back to the 80's in the people relationship category -- certainly not technology. Maybe in another 30 years, people will have learned HOW to deal with these, probably technology-driven accelerated, deficiencies causing such a rift in our lives. But for now. I see no short-term fix to the blabber, to the lies, to the sensualism of reports, to the BAD rich always attempting to take over the power of We the People. Screen your next president carefully. Oh, speaking of which, DO realize that ALL SUPER Rich are probably in the 15% tax bracket BECAUSE the clowns wrote tax code for the MIDDLE class; specifically, they didn't want them to have to pay greater than 15% on their INVESTMENTS (capped rate at 15%). Almost ALL Super rich live off their long-term investments ONLY. Thus, they will pay no more than 15%. ONLY the rich still working will see a small percentage of their total income (salary) be taxed higher. Also note that their WORK INCOME = salary + OPTIONS, where options are taxed differently too. But, do I THINK the RICH should be taxed any more on their INVESTMENTS than everybody else. NO. They earned the money they invested initially and already {AND taxes on it. The only correct answer is the FLAT TAX as discussed in a book I posted -- See Book category and go read it to see how we all can be EQUALLY taxed that will benefit our government's appetite even more AND please We the People too.

Sorry for the rant. Your comment ignited another flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment