Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

403. The Pennstater

I received my alumni magazine today. It's cover was BLACK to the point you could barely see the text. It's theme for this issue's magazine was re the Dark days at Penn State. Would you believe they thought the ENTIRE issue should be dedicated to the Sandusky scandal? Even had his pictures (many) on inside covers smiling at us. This was totally distasteful and unnecessary. I had already dismissed Penn State from the mess when they started to investigate and removed individuals potentially involved in some way, not necessary guilty of anything. So, they started with watering-down the way things got reported or not reported based on some psychologist. Then, not in order, they focused on the positive things Paterno did for Penn State, articles about abuse victims, etc. Well, after months of seeing this on TV, there was NOTHING new. It just REOPENED wounds that had a band aid on and were trying to heal. I had already focused on Penn State as a positive university. It was Sandusky and the individuals that didn't pursue the alleged crimes that were wrong. Let's separate the university which had the policies in place from the culprits who chose not to follow them. A few bad eggs should take down the egg business.

I look forward to reading about the successes throughout Penn State, as well as, their involvement outside the university to help mankind. I enjoy the articles about alumni who became successful and students who excel. Well, this issue was a joke! I did not need a university thinking it needed to teach me something. Maybe they should have had a course once per year for those who ignored the abuse! Not me. No glory in this issue -- only doom and gloom and a feeling that they know something that I don't and were responsible to educate me!                      *** Stop State ***

No comments:

Post a Comment