Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, February 18, 2010

225. Windows 7 - PowerPoint Viewer

Having problems viewing .pps files in Windows 7? My system came without the .pps defined as an extension. Unlike XP where you can simply ADD an extension and associate it to a program, W7 forces you to do a REGEDIT change. PowerPointViewer did not start when clicking a .pps file. Windows 7 knew nothing about a .pps file (CP, Default programs, Associate a file…). I found a registry edit at http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/unable-to-open-pps-ppt-from-windows-mail-or-wlm/ that, I think, allowed the .pps to show up. I still had the problem selecting the program until I went to CP,Programs and Features and did a REPAIR to PowerPointViewer. After that I found the module needed (PPTVIEW.EXE) in Program Files(x86)\Microsoft\Office12, I was now able to associate it with the newly created .pps entry created by the registry edit. W7 also removed the File Types tab from teh Folders Options rendering it useless too. All these problems started with Vista. Maybe some day MSFT will get it right again.

2 comments:

  1. hello there and thanks for your information ?
    I have definitely picked up anything new from proper here.

    I did alternatively experience a few technical issues using this site, as I experienced to reload the site a lot of instances previous to I may just
    get it to load properly. I were pondering if your
    web hosting is OK? Now not that I am complaining,
    but slow loading circumstances times will very frequently impact your placement
    in google and can harm your high-quality ranking if ads and marketing with
    Adwords. Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email and can glance out for much extra of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again soon..
    My web site :: How to Repair a ppt file

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reviewing old comments and found yours in the SPAM bucket. Sorry I missed it back on 2012. Sam and I are getting older and haven't been hacking the keys as much as you could probably tell. Unfortunately this the content is only pertaining to specific circumstances or events that challenge my technical abilities or provoke the lack of common sense of We the People across the world. Glad you enjoyed what you did review and I hope some other post will tickle your fancy. Have a great holiday season.

      Delete