Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

224. How Does Your Garden grow?

It's garden planning time. Did you plant your seeds indoors yet? We're trying a few new vegetables this year: Arugula, Tyfon (now we learn that its a grazing food -- moo, moo), Sololist (Chinese cabbage), Pickling Cucumbers, soy beans, sweet corn, plus some yellow strawberries which are suppose to fool the birds. To date, we already have 2-3" plants (arugula, tyfon, cabbage, tomatoes). Bought a heated mat this year which works great -- germination is now assured and very fast. The snow is almost melted which means in the next week or two I'm putting the cabbage out and planting the cold-weather crops -- carrots, radishes, spinach (all that I planted in my hot house are still green and growing over the winter), etc. Next week I'll be building a larger, sturdier hot house -- the winds here are the most destructive natural element we need to be concerned with (gotta tie the radishes down). I'll be using the wall-of-waters again this year -- worked great last year -- and planting tomatoes in April again. This year my peppers, squash, and maybe other vegetables will go in early using the wall-of-waters.
Spring is on its way. Get your tools ready and good luck with your garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment