Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, October 2, 2009

63. Dangerous Foreign Policy

A positive move by Obama: This article reports a face-to-face discussion with General McChrystal. I have no problem with taking a week or two to collect the details and to derive alternatives and a strategy to handle the terrorists in the Mideast. Afghanistan is just one locale that rises to the top at the moment along with Pakistan. Yes, Afghanistan will require the same strategy as IRAQ, i.e., control it militarily while training the Afghans. Thus, 5-10 years of our assistance. Meanwhile, Pakistan anti-terrorist strikes need to be stepped up too. So, given my little knowledge of the details, I would lean toward more troops in Afghanistan in hot spots to reinforce our needy troops already there -- we owe it to our troops to add more protection and muscle. I would also beef up drone activity in Pakistan.

Well, that only leaves Iran and North Korea. What a plate of dirt to eat and digest. You should know where I stand on Iran by now: they continue to create excuses and activities in order allow them (and Russia and China) to continue nuclear weapon plans. I truly think Iran is just a cover for Russia and China in extending their nuclear range and weapons -- and yes, Venezuela could be in that pact too along with other Chavez backers. Hope I am wrong on this one. However, we will never know the classified facts. I never had to worry too much about them in the past. But, under this administration, my eyes and ears are wide open. How about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment