Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Saturday, November 9, 2019

918. Switch from Microsoft Login to Local Login

Noting is ever simply documented. All I wanted to do is switch from a Microsoft Login to Local Login on my PC. Why? Because you cannot get into SAFE mode if you are using a Microsoft Login. MUST have Local Login. So, "Simply" switch to one. Right!!!

Using Start>Settings to select Use Local Login instead of Microsoft Login was easily found. Going through the process hung me up. If I remember correctly, it first asks you for the current login (I used a PIN for Microsoft Login account. It liked that. But then it again asked for the old password so it could continue. Well, WHICH password should I try? Original Local Login password I originally set up? HELLO password? Tried them all and always got the INCORRECT PASSWORD error! I read about password resets and thought I was doomed to try that. But first I thought about it and thought maybe it wanted my Microsoft User password, the one I set up with Microsoft. That was it! Now, why didn't they just tell me that was the one they wanted? After using that it further wanted to verify me and spit out a screen with a partially masked email it wanted to send a code to. Yet, it didn't send it. You have to click the message showing the masked email first! Then it asks you again to type in the email. This had me confused since my Microsoft account is set up for a different email. Now, which one did it want. Well, of course, NOT the one which I used to set it up, but the alternate one that they masked in previous screens. Phew! Made it. Got my code and though I was done. I was done setting it up, but when I signed out, actually LOCKed up, I was presented a signin screen that wanted my PIN again (i.e., the Microsoft Login PIN). It did give me "signin options" under that where I could select the Key icon and use the new Local Login password (actually, I believe this was my HELLO password ... another element in the password scheme). It worked, so, I tried to LOCK out again and login. Same screen asking for PIN instead along with Signin Options. I didn't want to go through this double login thing every time!  One more try. This time ONLY the Local Login screen came up requiring the new password I assigned. Go figure. It's done now. Hopefully this post will be useful to others wanting to switch to Local Login from Microsoft Login.

No comments:

Post a Comment