Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, April 19, 2012

458. Microwave Interferring with your Wireless?

I finally took the time to look up the frequency (radio wave) that my microwave was running at (2.45 Mhz) and set my network wireless (router and network card channel) to a frequency furthest from that. Turn out, I needed channel 1. If you have a newer router than an old B-Clunker like mine, you probably aren't running into this problem where your Internet browsing stops until the microwave is off, because, the newer routers run at higher frequencies and do not conflict. But, if you have an old thing like me, go to you router setup (usually by entering an address like 192.168.1.1 into browser), find the Wireless settings, and set to a different channel. Now, change you network adapter:open Network and Sharing Center, select Change Adapters and then your adapter. Select PROPERTIES, then CONFIGURE for your adapter. Go to ADVANCED tab and find the channel number (mine was WZC IBSS Channel Number) and set it to same number as you set in router. Voila, no more interference!

No comments:

Post a Comment