Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Saturday, January 16, 2010

196. Windows 7 Tip -- Trusted Installer Message

I scrapped more Dell installed software -- Windows Live Mail. The removal was via the standard Control Panel remove program method, but, like most removals some files linger around anyway after the removal. In my case a folder called Windows Mail. I tried deleting it, but I was told I, the administrator, was NOT the owner! In comes Trusted Installer! This character was put there by Microsoft to protect you from deleting things that are not normally supposed to be deleted. You would think Microsoft's removal process could have had the authorization to remove its own program! But, No-o-o. After an hour or two, trying to set Me as the owner as per instruction on many different websites, I came across a too called TakeOwnership that finally could do the trick. It adds an option to the right-click window that comes up when your right-click a file or folder. Just select it and your troubles are over. I find it amazing that the normal Microsoft ways of reassigning ownership and permissions could not do so for this specific folder. So, search for "TakeOwnership.zip", the downloaded file name of the tool I acquired. It's FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment