Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Monday, January 11, 2010

187. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

You give me more bones and I'm not going to invite the neighborhood dogs over to help bury them. That's just plain Common Scents. First, a bone pile is no problem for me -- they are stored safely and securely in my room and can be consumed whenever I choose to pull one out. Second, I want my bones buried properly -- I have the experience and know the correct depth, place, and ground requirements. Thus, I don't have to waste my time to train new dogs how to bury bones. Third, I would like my bones to remain my bones -- we all know if you put too much money out there, more than can be managed, some gets wasted and lost. So goes money, note ably STIMULUS money, into the road repair business. I said it in previous posts that new jobs aren't going to be gained for this work. We're talking government workers here folks -- you know, the ones that must have a dozen long coffee breaks per day and have all their work clothes packed up before the whistle blows. And, what's the hurry. Stretching the work all year ensures full employment. It's always nice to see an article confirming my suspicions.Yes, any work that was stimulated and completed will benefit the people, but where are the new jobs promised -- the permanent ones? Maybe we need to build some pyramids outside Las Vegas. According to this article, 10,000 could be employed for 30 years -- or 25000 for 15 years, or around 60,000 for 7 years. Take your pick. These jobs could be considered permanent, because surely more pyramids would be contracted to be built elsewhere. Think of the booming business that would be generated in Las Vegas! I bet even the liberal Californians would enjoy this venture -- Hollywood food.

No comments:

Post a Comment