Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

889. What! Suddenlink again! UPDATES

July 28, 2019 Update: Suddenlink received notice from the FCC complaint I had and called to review the $60 charge again. Although they never called again about status, my statement DID reflect a $60 credit, plus some more. What these were for is a mystery because there is no way to tell from a statement, nor online display of current due. They send out an email prior to posting the eBill statement and it said Current Due=$14.47 Total Due ($78.61)! How can current due be positive 14.47 (I owe them) when credit of (78.61) is last statement amount and normal bill is around $52? Go figure. They still owe me about $200 for slamming two additional plans on me in October 2018 which I never signed up for and have been paying! I'll write that off for my lack of vigilance if the cheap company doesn't own up to that! I refuse to call them again over the past issues unless next statement is positive instead of credit. What a poor company.
----------------------
July 4, 2019 Update: It has now been 8 days since sending an email to customer.service@suddenlink.net to report the issue below and to allow them to respond to the last Suddenlink screwing. Still no word from them (as expected)! Below is the last issue. Next action will be consumeraffairs.com and BBB. The charge is trivial, but the poor response and backstabbing continuous -- Suddenlink, just keep the charge, but please acknowledge the error and for once correct the problems you cause.
-----------------------------------------------

So, I have now been unable to resolve via phone an incorrect report made by a Suddenlink technician that resulted in me being billed for a service call. Instead of reporting that (1) he was unable to fix frequency interruption on my Suddenlink line despite replacing all cable up to the Suddenlink area distribution equipment, and (2) the Suddenlink modem (phone/Internet) was replaced because it was dropping signal (because of the  interruption) and  taking down both phone and the Internet about 2-4 times per week for about 1.75 months, he reported neither. Instead of replacing the phone modem Internet (Arris TG2492A phone with Internet) which he did not have despite my previous call when Suddenlink misinformed me told me to go to the local store to swap it for another (you can't do that for a phone modem! you must make a service call), the technician could only offer a new Arris modem with both Internet AND ROUTER. I considered and agreed that I needed a new phone modem since the old Suddenlink modem was dropping Internet, or just the SSID name from the network, or disabling my PC Ethernet wired connection. After almost 2 months of these headaches, swapping the Suddenlink modem was the likely resolution. It was was done and issues almost entirely were resolved except for one 5-second drop of Internet and a 4-hour interval of 0.3 mbs upload speed which corrected itself. But, with the new ARRIS modem, no phone outages since replacement.

Now for the rub! Instead of reporting all this, the technician noted that my router was the sole issue and ignored reporting anything else! Now, how can a phone go down intermittently BECAUSE of the router malfunctioning? The phone does NOT get its signal from the router! The router can be nonexistent and the phone will operate because it gets its signal from the Suddenlink MODEM! It was the replacement of the MODEM that resolved the phone dropping problem, AND the Internet problems. Because the technician failed to report, or fraudulently reported since this is the only way to make extra money, I was charged for the service call. Suddenlink's hopeless phone customer service was useless. The first caller couldn't even comprehend that the phone service was NOT dependent on the router! The second caller understood everyhitng but could not change any charges because the technician reported a USER PROBLEM, not a SUDDENLINK PROBLEM! Swapping out a Suddenlink modem to correct a problem isn't a Suddenlink problem? As I stated, the technician failed to mention the interruptions and Modem swap and ONLY reported that a router swap was done!

I have already reported so many Suddenlink issues on this Blog -- I don't know why I even waste my time other than to notify others of the behind-the-back Suddenlink practices.

,

No comments:

Post a Comment