Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, June 9, 2019

884. Suddenlink Internet/support Pitiful!

Here we go again with Suddenlink. On 5/30/2019 they came out and replaced all cables, even under ground to distribution box, only to discover they couldn't resolve a frequency interruption that occurs from the distribution box or above. The work they did knocked out my router of course, but even worse, it disabled by ethernet. So, when they finished rewiring and now ethernet wired connection wouldn't work, they claimed BAD ROUTER! Well, not so! I was already over 2 hours boiling with the nonsense they were doing when all they had to do was test at the distribution box FIRST! Instead, they spent hours to rewire the lines on my property only to conclude the issue was apparent in their system. So, this was problem #1 which I was opted to go with their modem/router to replace my router!

Now today, after an earlier drop and recovery a few days ago on this new modem, my response was sluggish. The download time flew like it should at 108 Mbps. But the upload couldn't even get to 0.3 Mbps! So I wasted over 4 hours diagnosing and trying to recover. I called Suddenlink and need about 4 phone calls to finally get to a technician! Until them I was only presented with an automated system that kept walking me through modem reboot! After 3 modem reboots and no success, the phone call, since it had to be the 4th or fifth, finally went to a technician who proceeded with the "is it plugged in", "let's reboot", etc. sequence on her instructions pages.Of course a first line is ever going to resolve your issue and she wouldn't connect me higher (oh, their busy). So, I got on their call queue -- right! It's been another 4 hours since I was supposed to be on queue! And, guess what? The upload time, after being less than 0.3 mbps for 5 hours was at 17.5 mps with no changes by me. So, where was the problem? And why couldn't Suddenlink technicians see it? Were others affect? We know these answers -- Suddenlink is useless in resolving technical issues over the phone. I dread even having to call them!

Status now? Last speed test was back down to 9.8 mbps, and just now 12.78.  The consistency is terrible! During all this crap I not only rebooted modem, but reset factory defaults too and had to redefine my network. That wsa a joy when I started connecting my wireless devices with new password. Printer and old Kindle wanted 2.4g connection connection and PC, Fire Kindle, and FireTV were happy with 5G connection. However, unlike the printer, the old Kindle would NOT CONNECT despite the SSID visible and right PW no matter what I did to Kindle. Can you believe I had to reboot the Suddenlink modem yet again?

So, now I have a working network again at acceptable speed. Tomorrow, who knows? Did the technicians ever get to the distribution box to determine the frequency interruptions from 5/30? Dream on! NO STATUS. AT&T coming through with Fiber Link. Time to look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment