Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, June 9, 2019

885. CRUSH CandyCrushSaga Soda

I stumbled on to an application that apparently was installed on my system by one of Microsoft's Windows installations. Actually, I noticed a huge number of files with this name in it. So, I researched how to remove this silly game that I NEVER played once. Two alternatives were given, neither worked: (1) RC the app on start menu (NONE) and (2) use POWERSHELL (Again, not installed). So, apparently, some MSFT upgrade had already deleted the app, yet some of the files had dates as recent as yesterday! Go figure!

In Program Files is a HIDDEN folder Windows Apps which has an entry for a number of Candy Crush installations that when you try to delete them you get stopped by Security Access getting access to Windows Apps. Simply reply to the stoppage message that you want access and you get a dialog to allow you to CHANGE access (General Tab). I clicked on my PC Name/account name and then also checked the box at top to replace objects. When I executed this it reassigned access to me rather than trusted installer. Who knows what problems I caused down the line, but I was then allowed to delete the folders for Candy Crush and its thousands of objects successfully. I suppose I could go back to the Windows Apps and change the security back to trusted installer as the owner, but not now! Things worked and I'll face any trouble later.

No comments:

Post a Comment