Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Monday, July 9, 2012

647. Ban What?

Take your pick: Join NYC in banning soda or Berlin in banning circumcisions. These are right on up there with mandatory health insurance ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court. As you can see, governments can get away with anything and the latest ruling by the Supreme Court just opened the door for exactly that -- ANYTHING! If it looks like a tax, costs you like a tax, and is collected like a tax, then it's a tax. I find NYC's ban real troublesome, but, who am I but one of the majority who agree the ban is ridiculous and costing his state a lot more than it will ever benefit from it. Banning >16 ounce drinks has NO affect other than hiring people in the local government to manage it. A little creativity by the establishments can get around it easily enough: sell smaller size with unlimited refills! Duh! Bloomberg is a nut case on this one! And Berlin! Wow, I wouldn't want to have to wait until I am old enough to consent and then remember going under the knife for a circumcision. Just snip it and let me grow up without the event's recollection. Das ist nicht richtig!

No comments:

Post a Comment