Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, October 27, 2023

1180. Why did Google Drive G: disappear from File Explorer and it's ICON vanish from System Tray?

 Unfortunately, I can't tell you WHY the G: (i.e., Google Drive) disappeared from my File Explorer, but I can tell you how to get it back:

Solution: Start > type OPEN GOGGLE DRIVE and select it. After it runs the Google Drive ICON will appear in the Task Bar, albeit the additional ones not visible on your task bar (click "^") AND G: will again reappear in File Explorer under This PC.

Ah ....strike 2! Got on next day and gone again. Only similarities is that I made a completely different change to the taskbar both times, the 2nd added the Search field back, after which is must have disappeared. Thus, I just made a change to taskbar again hiding the Search field. So far so good: the GDRIVE ICON in tray and G: in File Explorer. Knocking on wood.

Strike 3, but I'm still here. Restart booted it again and this time Open Google Drive di NOT put the ICON and G: drive back! So, I uninstalled Google Drive and reinstalled it (had to uninstall and reboot becasee the version I had was the same as the download and it wouldn't install it). ICON is back in Tray and G: back in File Explorer, PLUS it is pinned to Quick Access like it was once before (that too disappeared). G: is populated, i.e., SYNCed with cloud Google Drive as once upon a time. Restart will now be done again to see it vanish! GONE!!! The ICON and G: are like Ralph Kramden and Betty --- and away we go! What I did notice this time was that the Google Drive name in the Quick Access became G: with a question mark preceding it. Hmmm. I unpinned that. Just hoping...restart now.

No Way Jose! ICON still missing and G: not in File Explorer. I did save Google Drive ICON on my Desktop when installing though, So, let's see what it offers since noting on the Internet has helped yet.

Double Clicking the desktop ICON for Google Drive rand something and returned with a popup showing "Your Files are up to date and checked "Everything is up to date". And, Woohoo, there is the G: drive again in FE along with Google Drive (G:) in my Quick Access. Is it supposed to be there/ Does Google actually create the entry in MY Quick Access? I'm unpinning it and restarting once again. But first, how do I get the popup off my screen? Eventually it disappears by itself, just like ICON and G:...lol. Ok RESTART

Forget it! 😖Nothing I tried fixed the problem. Fortunately the cloud is preserved. Sometime Google will fix this properly. Until then I just now double Click the Google Drive Icon on my Desktop to get everything back to normal.

If you have a Solution, please drop a Comment here. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment