Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, October 6, 2023

1176. Return of the Dish Hopper 3 Demon

 I posted a while ago here about memory conflicts causing issues with the Dish Hopper3 that had an OTA attached and used its PRIME interface instead of switching directly to it. Well, this time Dish added channels 151 and 152 to respectively present multiple viewing of some sports channels and the other to find current sports of you liking where you can use its options to customize you favorite sports and teams.  Real nice and desired function. HOWEVER, what came with are the Hopper3 crashes like before. I won't be pursuing this with Dish because they never honored my technical expertise on the other issues in post above and I had to find a workaround. This implementation of the two channels are immediately obvious because they are like other channels. Once there, you can't simply press channel up/down to get off it. You have to back out. That was the first clue that they set up special memory to handle the multiple showings (channel 151) and customized finds (Channel 152). After about 10-12 uses of these I started to have crashes again -- that's what happens when you don't know how to manage dynamic storage needed as required and how to release it and ensure no other operation collides with the active/inactive memory used. Been there, seen that in my career! No workaround for this, so it can have its channel 151 and 152! You can use PIC viewing to show 2 games at a time -- good enough for me for I don't even use it. And the game scores, scheduling, and recording I can handle a different way. Thanks Dish, but no Thanks. Crashing is NOT acceptable. But, if your Hopper3 does crash, try the Satellite button on the left side of the remote to get it back up. I also go to settings to reboot the Hopper3 when this happens to clean up memory.= and any lingering issues

No comments:

Post a Comment