Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

1178. Notice the Bookmarks change in Chrome from Other Bookmarks to ALL Bookmarks?

 This was just great! I used to save my not-yet-permanent bookmarks in Other Bookmarks in Chrome Browser. Then, mysteriously, Other Bookmarks disappeared and I had a choice to use All Bookmarks. So, I went to Bookmarks Manager and instead of finding an ALL BOOKMARKS I found Other Bookmarks. They appear to be one in the same! So, I decided to try to rename the ALL to Other, couldn't. Tried to rename Other to ALL and couldn't. 

I found this article which tells you how to Remove All from the top tight of Chrome where Other once appeared. Well, it did, but replaced it with Other. So, it simply renamed it. Here's how:

In Chrome, go to about://flags and disable "Power bookmarks side panel" allows enable, disable of the so-called Power Bookmarks.

So, someone had a "quicker" way to make ALL disappear (don't do it before reading on):

hit Ctrl+Shift+B on the keyboard to toggle it to show or hide.

MAYBE, this works if it is still ALL Bookmarks. But if you changed it the first way back to Other Bookmarks, this does NOT make it disappear. At least I'm back to something I have used for decades!

No comments:

Post a Comment