Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, October 27, 2023

1179. Opening File Explorer and it always searches - why?

 Strange that when I open File Explorer a search precedes any file listings. Why? Easy to stop search by simply clicking on a folder on my PC. But, why is it even doing it?

The answer for me was that I had pinned a remote user's PC file, i.e., another PC's file on the network, to Quick Access. This causes File Explorer to search for it even when that user is not signed in on the network. Unpinning the networked file for that other user stops the unnecessary search and File Explorer comes right up with my Home files.

No comments:

Post a Comment