Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Monday, May 6, 2019

871. "A Hero Born" by Jin Yong – 2 Stars


A Hero Born by Jin Yong – 2 Stars
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
ISBN: 9781250220608

I suppose my expectation was to read a saga similar to Shogan by James Clavell where history flowed out of the story while the plot covered centuries and several volumes. Was I surprised when my mind became saturated with silly Kung Fu movements, names, and skirmish after skirmish that contributed to the advertised saga. Grammatically it is well written, a reflection of the translator I presume. The underlying plot of two children born to Song parents who were killed by Jin terrorists, manipulators and controllers of the governments for years, who reunite as sworn brothers under the Mongolian leader Genghis Khan was inviting. The continuous Kung Fu was a bit Beyond the Tallest Elephant Head and as interesting as the Boring Boar Trips on Chestnuts movement. Sorry, I just had to create my own nonsensical phrases to illustrate what is, I guess, the image of Chinese fantasy distributed throughout. I love Sci Fi and Fantasies; but, this was far too consuming for the enjoyment obtained -- 11 more volumes of this? No thanks. I’ll be generous and rate it a 2.

  Reviewer: Rich


No comments:

Post a Comment