Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

873. Getting System Restore to work!

My previous blog indicated I ran a System Restore SUCCESSFULLY! After 8 years on this Dell computer I finally learned how to run it without failing. The secret is to NOT run it from your working system, but only rebooting and going into a safe-like mode. To do this, follow along:

1. On your running system before rebooting, do WINDOWS KEY + I
2. Select Update & Security, then Advanced Settings
3. Select Advanced Settings from resulting screen too, then RESTART NOW
4. System will restart and come to a screen to allow you to select TROUBLESHOOT
5. One more Advanced Settings from that screen offers you an option to do a SYSTEM RESTORE
6. Do it and select the restore file desired and proceed to executing the restore
7. The system restore takes about 30-35 minutes on my old Dell PC ... grab a cold one or whatever and return for you success message. Note: I did hit a snag on one automatic checkpoint restore file taken which had a corrupt registry entry and made it unusable. But all others to date worked.

FINALLY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment