Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, May 31, 2018

806. Beware changing Network Wireless Password

Changing network password should be simple. And it is, as far the actual change. But, then you need to go to every wireless device and ensure the new password is specified when attempting to login to you router. NOT as easy. Some devices, such as OLD Kindle hung as expected when using old password, but then presented yo9 a screen to specify new password to reconfigure the device and connect to router. 

Kindle HDX did NOT work this way and required me to FORGET the SSID of router so I could then select it and get the password prompt. A bit more complex and unexpected.

Now the real kludge was the Brother NETWORK printer. Do you think I could find a simple place where the password could be changed? Guess again. No matter what I tried from solutions on Internet, I could NOT get to the place to specify a new password. So, pull out your installation disk and bring up Install Network Printer where you can recreate a configuration. BUT, I had changed security from TKIP+WPA2 to just WPA2. BIG mistake. The Brother printer could not recognize the router name at all! Thus, I couldn't configure it. Back to the router signing to change security back to TKIP+WPA2 and it resolved this. Brought everything down and rebooted router FIRST, then PCs, then Printer. Voile, it worked. There are NO Brother books to discuss this, nor Internet articles to address what to do after a network password change. Once again, I must be the only clown doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment