Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, May 6, 2018

800. Fan running almost constantly - Defender change

Strange that I tripped over resolving my fan running constantly by looking at Task Manger, Resource Monitor and observing that MPCSVC was constantly hammering away. MPSSVC is the Defender Firewall. Internet searches led me to Resetting the Firewall Defaults : Start,Settings, Update & Security, Windows Security, Open windows Defender Security Center, Firewall & Network Protection, Restore firewalls to Default. Immediately the fan stopped and the cpu Util for MPSSVC disappeared! 
btw. The reason I looked for something is because SPECCY software signaled high temp for CPU. I vacuumed the vents and the temp gradually went down within a minute a good 20 degrees. But, fan was still running. So, not only were the vent dusty adding to the problem, but the MPSSVC added to the heat. Maybe because the fan ran constantly. Most likely cleaning the vents would be satisfactory as far as getting in temp range (went from 69 to 49). Stopping the fan via Firewall restore did not lower it any more, but did shut down the fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment