Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, January 16, 2020

934. "Nine Lives by" Tom Barber – 2 Stars


Nine Lives by Tom Barber – 2 Stars
Publisher: BooksGoSocial
ISBN: 9781478172895

Sam Archer. Who would have guessed that Sam was the key character and foundation for the Series? Neither he nor other main characters were ever developed fully to capture your interest. Plus, with a story that read like a series of headlines, that is, event after event, all similar with same expected outcomes, and nothing around them, the result was undoubtedly a very bland novel. If you were looking for “just the facts ‘Mam”  repeated again and again, you got it. Yes, one could call this intense, but, no, one did not get a story.

This was a free book to review from Netgalley.com. Thus, I expected a copy with incomplete editing. However, this was terrible. There must have been 50+ errors where words were split or run together with other words per page. One’s mind adapts to this and reading continued on regardless. Thus, editing was not considered in the rating.

Much of the story was unrealistic and implausible. Some would view this as a requirement for intensity. For me it became a deterrent to continue. I struggled to about 50% before I began to read one sentence per page with my eyes focused on the middle of the page. Didn’t miss a thing! At 80% I gave up and could care less how it ended.

I don’t know whether this was just the first in a Series or the author’s first ever. I’m leaning toward the latter and had no interest to even look it up. Sorry, let it suffice to state that I found this novel a flop.

Reviewer: Rich


 

No comments:

Post a Comment