Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, October 22, 2015

724. Runaway Market?

When will I get a dip in the market so I can BUY? Sam's crystal ball is murky. All technical indications I see are for the market to continue its rise (generally) for a while. What scares me is that the further it goes up (this time) the more it will fall. So, let me go out on the limb after the 300+ DJIA day today. We may again test the 18,000 barrier (+3%) and then once again return to 16,000 floor (-11%) to test that again. By that time (late December) we'll be ready for the new year boost should it come. January might get a spike up, but earnings in 1Q will probably damper that quickly. Summers are usually boring with the market taking its own vacation until September. I will bet on a decent rally then until election time. Depending who will get it, I predict the market to dump (Dems) or rise (Reps). The net of this forecast is fasten your seat belts and learn to be very, very patient. By September 2016 we should be seeing that the inflation increases through the summer are not a big thing. 

But then, who knows for sure? I could be one of the pessimists that predict doomsday for the last 5 years and when something close finally happens (temporarily)  polishes his/her participation trophy. I'm NOT a pessimist given the U.S. economy outlook and its ability to manage crises. Now, worldwide is a different story. Tons of things that could affect its economy. The biggest I see is the continued hammering of the Emerging Markets. OPEC is killing the commodity markets (not just oil) and will bankrupt some countries if we don't start exporting oil to stop it. Will O'Blunder do ANYTHING? No. 2016 will be a lost year as far as shoring up worldwide economy. So, the realist in me again points out volatility and nothing exciting until 4Q2016 when we learn of our fates with a new President. I know i'll be ready to pull the plug or fire a rocket in November 2016. I truly hope We the People wise up by then a vote to celebrate rather than shrivel up and hibernate for another 4 years like these last 7 years. I thank the productive U.S. companies for getting us to where we are despite the government (Executive and Congress).

No comments:

Post a Comment