Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, October 22, 2015

723. Windows 10 - What I like/dislike about it

Likes: Although I am not seeing any measurable performance improvements, Windows 10 still shines:
1. I really enjoy the automatic updates that no longer slow down my computer when downloading and installing. I get only the "installed" notification. Windows 10 will reboot on its own during the night if necessary and you will notice that it has done a Shutdown/Start up compared to a Hibernate/Start up. But, no problem!
2. The start up times regardless if from a Shutdown or Hibernate has improved noticeably and now bearable.
3. The stability, except for the problems I documents in this blog, has been perfect. 
4. Network coordination with Netgear router and adapters has been great. Netgear Genie works well with Windows 10.
5. The IE browser may be a tad faster on Windows 10, but avoid Edge which lacks function as described in this blog in other entries. Chrome is about the same speed and still trips over its memory usage when a lot of tabs are open. Maybe it will be better now that I just reinstalled the latest version after the update function failed on older version.
6. I like the tiles on the Start Menu after customizing it to just the things I am likely to use.
7. The Search in the Taskbar is wonderful and always finds the things I need regardless of what it is, i.e., program, bookmark, file, etc.

Dislikes:
1. Cumulative update to get to version 1511 destroys many things. See post # 232. PERFORMANCE degradation became one of my issues. 

Windows 10 is NOT tested and supported on my older Dell Inspiron 1440, but runs fine. Now I am good for about 8 years without worrying about a new PC or O/S. Kudos to Microsoft.

2. Anniversary Update 1607 wipes out old card games again, see update in Post 706
3. Cortana becomes active (running) again. Forunately, part of her is set off as I had her set. I had to go into settings to turn off history again.
4. What is INK?!?!?!?!? Nothing I need!
5. One Drive again becomes active. Fortunately, you don't have to sign in when requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment