Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, October 22, 2015

721. Shockwave crash in Chrome

Interesting problem. Google Chrome a while ago announced that they will not support NPAPI plugins after 9/1/15 which includes Adobe Flash (and shockwave). Meaning they support only their built in flash code. Fine. But, my Chrome began having Shockwave Crashes  almost daily, yet the only shockwave code present after looking at plugins (about://plugins) was Chrome's code. So, the standard fixes to eliminate duplicate plugins) didn't resolve the problem.

When I tried to update Chrome via its update facility, it failed with error=4. I recall trying this several times over the last 3 months and received the error every time. Thus, I believe the right Chrome code for the right Shockwave never got updated correctly and its automatic updating failed every time too. Today I reinstalled Chrome from scratch and it updated Chrome all the way to Version 46.0.2490.71 m (was 42....), plus its Shockwave-like code went to Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0 (was 18...). So, I am hoping this resolves the Shaockwave crashes. I'll post otherwise if it doesn't.

Update 11/20/2015: The above solution did work UNTIL the MSFT November Cumulative update to get you to version 1511. The next day, another update installed to fix the Flashplayer Shockwave for IE and Edge (Security fix) which seems to have fixed the Chrome problem too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment