Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, February 9, 2020

941."Some Days are Dark" by Miranda Smith – 3 Stars


Some Days are Dark   by Miranda Smith – 3 Stars
Publisher: Bookouture
ISBN: 9781838882198 

I struggled to keep reading this book until the last 25% when the action picked up and there was a surprising conclusion. I realize that the story needed information about Olivia’s life, however, I was annoyed with her poor-me attitude, excuses and naively bad choices. The mystery got lost in the overly long telling of her issues of being an unhappy wife, sharing custody of her young child and battling drug and alcohol abuse. Mostly she made her own problems.
I put this book aside several times to read something else. I came back to it because the author’s writing was strong and readable and I was curious to discover the conclusion. I would have enjoyed it if the focus had been more on the mystery and less on Olivia’s woeful life.

Reviewer: Nancy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment