Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, February 24, 2019

856. Windows 10 Version 1809 *****

It was my turn to tackle Windows 10 Version 1809. Although it took almost 3.5 hours to this complete the installation beginning at download to fully configured on my 2010 Dell Inspiron 1440, it was nothing but smiles. When the Windows Update process kept trying to download the package and failing I went to the Windows Assistant installation option, downloaded it from the support site, and let her fly. without any interaction she did everything from check out the system, download version 1809, install it, and build it. The Windows Assistant prefaced its download with statement how Microsoft's AI application created a better process based on all the prior installation of Feature version installations. And, that it did! Kudos to Microsoft. I only had to do one extra step this time: Reinstall my old Microsoft Card Games which was a simple run of the installation package I already had. this time it even left my Registry hack alone that disabled the Caps Lock key that I would always hit instead of just the shift key and which now prevents me FROM YELLING. I have a few other hacks in the registry and hope I don't need to reapply those either. A word of caution, throw all the hacks in a folder to simplify the need of reinstalling them if you need to. The last version (1803) also destroyed my Start Menu, my Display Preference changes, and Taskbar Icons. NOT this time. Everything was re-Pinned automatically, even the icons after reinstalling the old card games to exactly the configuration I had.

So, if you are hedging to put on Version 1809, I hope this review will relieve some of that anxiety. Great job Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment