Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Saturday, February 23, 2019

855. "The Crooked Staircase" by Dean Koontz – 4 Stars


The Crooked Staircase by Dean Koontz – 4 Stars
Publisher: Bantam Books
ISBN: 9780525483427

I made it through this book 3 of 5 series and am moving on to 4. I am a reviewer for new books on Netgalley.com and book 5 is available for request. I’ll be finished with book 4 and praying for book 5.

As in the previous books in this series, Jane Hawk efficiently and effectively takes care of business to seek the Arcadian leader. The Arcadians are members of a corrupt group committed to control the world by controlling the minds of computer algorithm selected individuals using a “brain net” injected into the victims. In this book, Jane is up against an NSA Arcadian leader. However, before she gets to him she has to deal with the underlings and the total havoc to do so. Her focus is undiminished in finding all those involved who “adjusted” her husband and programmed him to commit suicide. New characters help her, but still more victims pile up. Jane is electrifying as usual!

The story is great and 80% through I was already yearning to put book 4 at the top of my reading queue. However, I was less than excited when I had to painfully forge through the remainder of the book --it appeared that extra words and pages were needed to get the total pages above 450. I was also not pleased with the abrupt end of this one which did not leave me with the hunger for book 4. Yet, the first 80% ruled and I’ll be starting book 4 in a couple of days and have already requested book 5 to find out how the whole story ends.

Reviewer: Rich

 


No comments:

Post a Comment