Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, February 15, 2019

853. "Where Monsters Hide" by M. William Phelps – 4 Stars


Where Monsters Hide  by M. William Phelps – 4 Stars
Publisher: Kensington Books
ISBN: 9781496720818

I have not read other books in the True Crime category, so had nothing to compare this to and no preconceived expectations. It is an exhaustive, but compelling story of a woman who is described as “the worse female serial killer in modern America.” She was convicted of two murders and suspected of nine more.

The interviews with Kelly Cochran became tedious. Several times I set the book aside to switch to another book. The length of this book becomes understandable considering the hundreds of interviews and investigation over many years. The pictures at the end put a face to the people I spent hours getting to know. I developed great respect for Sheriff Laura Frizzo and Detective Jeremy Ogden for their persistence dealing with a narcissistic psychopath who was a master of manipulation.

Where Monsters Hide was a disturbing account. The insight into the evil mind of Kelly Cochran was fascinating and frightening. The courage of those in law enforcement who did not quit until she was convicted and imprisoned was inspiring. I thank Netgalley.com and Kensington Books for the opportunity to preview this book and introducing me to True Crime stories.

Reviewer: Nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment