Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Thursday, September 22, 2016

767. Thunderbird gets #MBR1212 error to Yahoo login

Nice job Yahoo! Yahoo added a security feature that requires you to designate whether you want Yahoo to ALLOW APPS TO USE LESS SECURE LOGIN. Don't turn it off! I made the mistake of changing my Yahoo password and noticed this added feature and naturally turned it OFF since I though it was like other Mobile setting that allowed something like allow in-app purchases. 

Anyway, if you set it OFF you won't be able to connect your email to Yahoo. It MUST be set ON. Most likely this applies not only to Thunderbird email client, but to all others. Just awhile ago I received an email from Yahoo stressing that its website should be used for emails, NOT a "less secure" email client. See the connection to the problem? 

No comments:

Post a Comment