Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, August 14, 2015

716. Latest Book Ratings

Out of a 5 meaning great, I have rated the following fiction books:

++++ Stephen King.    "Finders Keepers" . Certainly not like his older horror novels this is a sequel to "Mr. Mercedes". Neither was super appealing -- just a well written story and predictable. I was hard pressed to give it more than a 3, but his style won a 4.

++++ Greg Iles. "Bone Tree" is also a sequel to other bone stories. Well written and entertaining

+++++ Scott MacKay. "Cold Comfort" has remarkable low ratings from others. It is what I call a comfortable mystery. Nothing over your head, no sin/sex to bother your sole, just simply a great story.

++++ Bill Durham. "Amarillo" was a must read since I live in this city. My bias was of course strengthen by use of local geography and business names. A good read.

- Clive Cussler. "The Assassin". Guess you have to be a Clive Cussler fan to get past the first 50 pages! I found his analogies and metaphors a bit STUPID to the point that I couldn't go on. Just about every fifth sentence had unnecessary and unrelated writer prose that made it difficult to enjoy since it was so STUPID. Sorry, I hated it and returned it unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment