Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

680. Can You Expect to get Anything Done Right the FIRST Time?

Technology just isn't a replacement for human brains and common sense. Today I took my new Tacoma in for its first 6 mo. ToyotaCare "treatment." For free they change give you an oil change and then rotate your tires, fill them 8 lbs above the requirement and steal you more expensive valve stem caps from all 4 tires (shucks, I didn't yet see if they even gave me a spare tire when I bought it!). So you would think easy to fix. Well....

First they attempted to put on cheap plastic caps! WRONG! That was cut short and the search was on for the metal ones similar to the ones that came on it. Never did find the same ones even when he supposedly searched the pit area for mine!

Things wen't downhill from there when he couldn't explain why they filled my tires to 37 lbs when the requirement was 29 lbs! It was a "local" thing I was told, plus the tire and also "prevented" the tire pressure sensor (supposedly programmed at 31 lbs) to be set off. RIGHT! I checked my tires regularly the first 4 months before the cold set in and they remained 29 lbs as required and as bought. Wonder why the sensor light wasn't on. Hmmm. Guess it wasn't set to go off below 31 lbs! Then when I showed hi on the door that they were supposed to be 29, he said he LEARNS things every day. I then showed him the Toyota book that shows all available tire types, except Type E, were 30 lbs or 29 lbs. At least he was cooperative enough to check the pressure label on another Tacoma -- 30 lbs as stated in the book which quashed his theory that the dealership ALWAYS inflates them to 35 lbs before sold! Moron! I told him that all the idiot shops inflate them at 35 lbs because they are too lazy to look up the correct tire pressure requirement!

If it were only for today's incident I could "maybe" get over it. But two times I called, and later sent an email, about another issue and NEVER received a call back! Nice service Street Toyota!

Well, the $74 I got for free really cost me much aggravation and a trip back to get the caps! 3 more to go and I'll be looking elsewhere for service. Isn't this typical of ANY service these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment