Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, January 25, 2015

678. Books, Books, Books

Many books were read since last post (in Books). Nothing compared to what my better half read who exploited the free books available to her Kindle from Amazon and libraries  -- well over 325 to date.
Here are a few good ones I read:

James Clavell's Shogun, Tai-Pan, Gai-Jin,  and Noble House. Love the history and cutural information. However, the one I am reading now, King Rat, is starting out completely different than his style and quality in the others and has been torturous reading.

Some of the free one's that were good were: Wool by Hugh Howey. I'l be going the free library route for his next ones Shift and Dust. These are Sci Fi if you are interested.

Then Stephen King is always a good read, but compared to previous novels Doctor Sleep, Joyland, Mr. Mercedes, and Revival are far from old King novels.

I also liked Greg Iles' books: Naches Burning, Quiet Game, Devil's Punchbowl, and Turning Angel.

Other good ones: Adrenaline, Cut and Run,  and Last Minute by Jeff Abbott

Can't remember which P.J. Parrish books I have already posted, so here's a list of them I enjoyed:  A Killing rain, An Unquiet Grace, Claw Back, Dark of the Moon, Dead of Winter, Heart of Ice, Island of Bones, Killing Song, Little Death, Paint It Black, South of Hell, Thicker Than Water thousand Bones. These are all "Cozy Mysteries."

I know there must be more, but my memory is gone for now. I do know that there were NO good non-fiction books I appreciated. I might as well try comic books next!

No comments:

Post a Comment