Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, September 24, 2023

1166. Accessibility: SONY Smart TV

 Last steps in finalizing my setup for my visually impaired client. Now that he can switch between FireTV (Primarily You Tube application) and SONY Smart TV (Football games on Local Channels) I needed to find a way to allow him to determine what channel he on. I found on SINY Settings, under Device Preferences the procedures for turning on different Accessibility feature. Useful were the enlargement of text and speech. The full text-to-speech was overwhelming -- it read everything on the screen. All he needed was a display of what channel he was on. Did find how to get very large text popup when changing channels display on top of screen temporarily. Actually, it displays the Input first "Cable/Antenna" then a 2nd popup with channel info. I need to see if I can eliminate the first popup which is meaningless. The text-to-speech also read out the channel, but went on for 2 more lines under that which became a nuisance. He's happy. Green Bay was currently on, and his Cowboys coming up next. So, he wrestled up his chair 3' from the at lest 60" screen and enjoyed the games. My mom had macular degeneration and that did her in completely. His 85th birthday bash is this Friday. So, we have everything working for him. Unfortunately, he is learning the hard way that not everyone has the same interests. He had spent over 5 months using Family Search to update his ancestors and then uploaded all his pictures, over 400 of them, into his Gallery. Then organized them and prepared the updated Family Folder for Goggle Drive to SHARE them with his relatives. I told him he was lucky if he found ONE relative with his interest in carrying on for him. He didn't listen and now sits with the files to SHARE and no email addresses to sent them to. We went through a lot of effort to get Family Search updated with pictures under Memories for the immediate family and creating a tree for the living which to date Family Search will not commit to sharing, but has told me by year end sharing will be available. See my other Accessibility posts for help in setting up aids for visually impaired people.

No comments:

Post a Comment