Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Monday, October 28, 2019

905. Lenovo Price Match WORKS!!!

So, I bought a new Lenovo PC on 10/11. Then I received an advertisement from Lenovo on the 25th and my PC was marked down 35% to below what I paid for it. Yes, calling Lenovo was a wonderful experience and the Rep couldn't had been more patient and nice till she could covey the Price Match rules to me. It was not as I expected, meaning take the old price and compare to a new machine again on their site less additional 10% and then another 7% military discount. Didn't work that way. Instead it works as follows:

Compare the bottom price you paid for the PC originally ordered. In this case it was list price -10% sales discount-7% military = say $450. Now find the email offering a 35% off list price, click on it which takes you to the Lenovo internet site and shows you the price at 10% off, say $400. Althought the sale of that PC has another ecode for 10% off and I would get another 7% off as a military discount, they do NOT count. You can ONLY compare your bottom cost of original PC to whatever appears on the site BEFORE additional ecode discounts. The military discount also comes AFTER that when actual purchase screen comes up.

Bottom line: Take a Screenshot of the lower priced item (probably before additional discounts) -- $400 is used in my example. Compare it to original cost -- $450 in my example. It is that differece you will get as a credit to original cost paid.

Had they used the method I thought was fair, i.e., figure out the cost including the ecode promotions and military discount, my difference would have been about $200 less. But, using the documented method the difference was $63. I'll live with that.

Now NOTE: I could have returned the original PC since it was still within the 30 days at Lenovo's cost and reordered the same machine and realize the $200 savings. So, I had an option of accepting the $63 or go through the return process. Since I had already spent 2 days and completely configured the original to match my old system with modifications including new software, I decided my time cost me more than $137, the difference I would have realized. Thus, I chose the Price Match method and will be thankful. Now I still have another 25 days to watch for further retail sales even lower than what I am now out and do the Price Match again.

btw. I LOVE the Lenovo!!! Unlike the Dell I TRIED and returned in 2017, this one is totally silent! I hear NO fan(s) running and had NO hardware problems. The Dell product is documented in a different post. Search under computers.


No comments:

Post a Comment