Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, October 27, 2019

903. Wireless printer lost from network

Of course, when you need it most it will give it won't be there! So was my Brother printer yesterday. The messages coming from Windows 10 were of no help indicating that there was just an error with the printer. Like most diagnosis I dive into it without trying the obvious first. Well, I finally go to the printer console and tap the keys to reset the network connectivity and then go to wireless wizard to set it up. No resolution that way. Resolution came when I decided to try manual wireless connect. Brother printer asked for SSID of router and then wireless network password. Bingo. Resolved. What disconnected it in the first place is unknown. I'll just have to blame it on goo old Suddenlink, my ISP, which does things like this randomly. Regardless, back to normal and my new Lenovo PC setup, different post, was successful.

So, remember to always start at: Is it plugged in? when trying to resolve a problem. Get it fixed quickly, then debug to find out what caused it so you can prevent it from happening again.

No comments:

Post a Comment