Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Monday, September 9, 2019

898. "Lock Me In" by Kate Simants -- 3 stars


Lock Me In  by Kate Simants -- 3 stars
HarperCollins
ISBN: 9780008353292   



The description of this book and reviews by readers saying it had a complex fast moving plot made me excited to read it. I was somewhat disappointed. I didn’t hate it but sometimes I struggled to continue reading. While the plot was unique and intriguing, it became so complex that it was cumbersome and this slowed the action unnecessarily.
The personal issues Detective Mae had with his ex-wife and daughter added nothing to the story and was one reason it often dragged.

The conclusion was interesting, but some explanations of occurrences and actions by the characters were unrealistic making it forced. I realize this is fiction but in mystery books I have to believe that things could actually happen. This wasn’t a bad book. It just wasn’t as enjoyable as I’d hoped.
  
Reviewer: Nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment