Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

896. "A Small Town" by Thomas Perry -- 5 Stars

A Small Town by Thomas Perry  --  5 Stars
Mystery Press
9780802148063

It started with a complexly orchestrated prison break releasing 1200 inmates who murdered the entire prison staff. They went on to raid a small town nearly destroying it and the lives of its citizens. Then there was a take-no-prisoners manhunt for the twelve who masterminded the escape. All this created a story full of action and entertainment.

Leah Hawkins, the central character who single-handed pursued the twelve men was well crafted. She carried out the task assigned to her by the city council with intelligence and skill. It appears that this is a stand-alone novel. I was hoping that it was the beginning of a series. Leah was such a strong and engaging woman that I hoped it was the beginning of a series with her as the lead.

I’ve read and enjoyed other novels by Thomas Perry. This one encourages me to read the ones I have missed. I thank the author for the entertaining hours I spent with A Small Town.  

Reviewer: Nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment