Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

826. Can't Erase Authorization in Adobe Digital Edition (ADE)

I changed my Adobe ID to match my new email. MISTAKE. Well not that itself. All was well and I now had a login equivalent to new email rather than old one I no longer had access to. However, when Adobe Digital Edition rant to process a protected PDF file I found out that I needed to unauthorize my computer which was using my old Adobe ID (email and login) and authorize it with new ID/Email. A previous post explained how to set up ADE (and Kindle) to read a DRM protected PDF. This post explains the problem I encountered setting it up because I changed the Adobe ID/email. I knew I had to go ADE HELP and select Erase Authorization to reset everything, but a following screen presented me with OLD email (and thus old Adobe ID) and asked for the password. Since the old Adobe ID itself was changed, the name in the dialog that came up no longer existed and I couldn't get past the screen to unauthorize my PC! Forget going to Adobe. They will have no clue what to do and lead you through the is-it-plugged-in conversation on the display they are reading. 40 minutes with a clueless Adobe person was all I could take, particularly when I asked up front whether a simple uninstall/reinstall would fix it. No clue! Well, an uninstall/reinstall did NOT fix it. Here's why and how to fix it:

Kept on you PC in Register (Regedit needed) is information re the Adobe ADE Authorization process.

Go to this post on Adobe Forums for the RegEdit steps to remove the "Activation" elements. Then restart ADE and do HELP, Authorize for new Adobe ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment