Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, October 14, 2018

818. "The Widow Next Door" by L. A. Detwiler - 2-Star

The Widow Next Door by L. A. Detwiler
Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 9780008324636 

This was a long drawn out narrative about an old lady who complains about the trials of aging, rehashes her sad past and falls asleep a lot. I would have quit reading after the first half of the book, but I felt obligated to finish it so I could write an honest opinion.

I kept waiting for the part that made it a gripping thriller as advertised. It wasn’t until the last few chapters that the plot got there. Even then, while the details were being filled in, I had already determined what the basic outcome would be.

The prose was good. I understood how it would feel to be old and unloved. But, there was just too much description of a sad lonely life and the difficulties old age brings without much happening to make it a star in its genre.
.
This was not a book that I enjoyed spending time reading.


Reviewer: Nancy

Professional Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment