Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, March 23, 2018

796. MyYahoo RSS Feeds won't load/display

About 50% of the time or more lately I go to my MyYahoo page and find that the RSS Feeds (All or occasionally most) won't load/display. A bypass to get them loaded and displayed I read is to disable any Ad Blocker extension. I use Fair Adblocker extension with the Chrome Browser. To get the feeds loaded and displayed when on MyYahoo page simply open the Fir Adblocker extension and hit the Whitelist Icon.. Unfortunately, this will allow all other blocked elements to reappear too. So I hit the Whitelist ICON again to Resume Blocking. The RSS Feeds continue to be loaded and displayed (or the cache image is simply being used) at least while it stays in cache). The permanent solution may be to keep MyYahoo Whitelisted. However, at least I know how to get them loaded and displayed again by doing the Whitelist Icon. Today I submitted a report to Fair Adblocked reporting the issue and asking if this is normal behavior and whether it could be fixed permanently.

Update 3/23/18: OUCH, not the solution or even a constant bypass. What did work this time was clearing Chrome Browser History and Cache.But I still wonder what creates the condition and stores the bad, not load RSS Feeds page in cache. So, now I am running with Whitelist AFTER clearing Browsing history and Cache. Stay tuned and I'll update if problem reoccurs. If so, addition debugging of CHROME will be next.

Update 3/23/18: Nope. NOT a Chrome problem specifically. Other browsers have same issue. Seems the sporadic hit or miss will continue. I have been successful clearing cache though to get them back. For Chrome do Ctrl-Shift-Del to get to the screen to clear things. Select only Cache and Browsing History and let her rip. Terrible we have to do this! 

Update 3/25/18: Even clearing cache and Browser History doesn't work all the time! I think we are back to it being  a Yahoo problem or an RSS Feed problem originating at the RSS Feed sites. I already tried deleting content (the RSS Feed) and adding it back. It also doesn't work. Sometimes I get the error adding it back. So, it's a hit and miss thing one or the other fesses up and fixes it. And yes, for those with the conspiracy theory that just conservative feeds are being blocked, I would not consider Reuters news conservative. Yes, Fox news and Business could be considered as such. But, isn't it funny that Yahoo's feeds work?

No comments:

Post a Comment