Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

1182. Plug it in stupid! Unmute it!

 Thought I had graduated from trying to run something before plugging it in! 40+ years and I did a Dumbo! I was trying to get Speech-to-Text to work and my PC wouldn't recognize my built-in microphone. Haven't used a microphone since the XP days! Well, when I play Hearts, I use the Fn+F4 key to display the score. NOW, I know that the other function on the F4 key on my Lenovo is the MICROPHONE MUTE toggle! Di I ever feel stupid! I worked on this for hours to get the microphone working. It always tested fine via the hardware settings. Just couldn't get it to work, like in gmail.com compose an email! I knew I needed a Chrome Extension and had one, then two, then tree and none of them worked. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Just hit the F4 key to toggle it back on! lol. If you are here because of the same problem that your microphone, or PC keyboard, has a mute button and it was on, join me in the self butt kicking closet of shame. Then let out a loud Har-Har to welcome you back to supreme troubleshooter that can fix anything BUT something this easy. Go ahead and tell your spouse so both of you can laugh and roll on the floor and ....

No comments:

Post a Comment