Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, August 27, 2021

1018. Thunderbird Yahoo popup when starting Thunderbird

When I started Thunderbird the other day a Yahoo Login popup appeared over the Thunderbird screen and FIXED itself there, i.e., could not be removed. Regardless of what I tried, it could only be removed via Task Manager, End Task. I closed Thunderbird and reopen, rebooted my system, rand antivirus scan, ran Malwarebytes, used CCleaner to clean system and nothing would prevent it from coming up. So I reinstalled Thunderbird. That didn't help. The only solution was to Remove the Yahoo email account I had in Thunderbird. Note: I have used this account ever since OAuth2 was required and it's settings matched that of the same level thunderbird on my other PC. After research, the only hits on a search for "Yming popup" were from 2019 and prior. All indicated it was tied to OAuth2 not being specified. Yet, mine was and on my other system it matched and worked. I decided not to add that yahoo account back on the failing system, so can't guarantee it will be gone if I do add back. For now, without the account, Thunderbird and my system is once again happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment