Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Saturday, January 9, 2021

1005. Replace Dell 1440 Keyboard.

 I finally got tired of the "z" not working every time on my old Dell 1440 and my wife who uses it had problems on other keys. I removed all key tops and cleaned thoroughly, but the results did not resolve anything. After 10 years of pounding on it, guess this could be expected some day. It just wore out!

I searched for the part on the Internet and came across Amazon of course, but is was $73 one place and $43 another. The overall search found many hits. One cheap version around $9 with free hipping was of interest, but I was already burnt on another product coming from China which took over a month to get here -- 2 weeks after Amazon already returned my money because it did not get here even 1.5 weeks after expected, and that on top of the estimated twenty some days. This keyboard had an estimate of 3+ weeks!

No dice. I opted for a $18 one from a company (CDSMICRO) in Pittsburgh, PA which got here in 3-4 days. Only thing wrong was that package was crimped slightly and keyboard NOT packed properly also received damage due to bending. Fortunately I could bend it back in shape. I did this after the wife tested it and noticed that the space key did not work consistently. Anyway, my repair fixed it.

This post is to pass along the video that tells you how to remove the keyboard, part number C279N on the Dell 1440 Model PP42L. This is all you need to ensure proper disassembly. Assembly is just the reverse. All EASY! Check it out here . Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment