Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Friday, December 4, 2020

1001. Thunderbird ICON gets corrupted on Task Bar Periodically

 For about a year I had a frequent problem in that the Task Bar Pinned Thunderbird ICON  was replaced by a simple default note ICON. Sounds harmless which it was, but you could no longer bring Thunderbird up from this changed/corrupted ICON. Instead, I had to remove it and go back to either one on the Start Menu or the .exe file itself, Right-Click it and PIN it again to the Task Bar.

I finally (I hope after 2 weeks) discovered a remedy that fixes it permanently.  (1) I found the ICON in the Thunderbird folder and copied it from my working system (Lenovo processor) onto the failing one (Dell system). Both files looked the same, but apparently not. This alone may not have resolved the issue, but gave me the option of starting from scratch. (2) I then eliminated setting up the Pinning onto the Task Bar from a SHORTCUT of Thunderbird. I can't remember if I ever did PIN directly from the .exe file or whether I did but only to the Start Menu and then from there Pinned to Task Bar. So, I deleted all Shortcuts and pinned ICONS from START and Task Bar. Then I PINNED from .exe file the START MENU and again from the .exe PINNED to Task Bar. 

Since I did (1) and (2) I have NOT encountered the disrupting corrupted ICON and back to a happy wife (it was her machine. Always want to keep the wife happy). Hope this remedy works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment