Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

738. Playing the dips?

Well, this morning the DJIA opened down 6% from it's October high. Still not the 10% I'm anticipating, but a point where getting your toes wet is just too much to resist. Remember the roller coaster rides where you slowing crank up the first rise to only gasp coming down? I believe we are there. Sorry, I'm taking the front car so I can see what's coming. When we near the top I'm going to again lighten up so the fall isn't as taxing. I'll explore my options (pun intended) when I see the big picture sitting on top of the crest and get ready for the big one. I really think we'll have a big buying opportunity during the time earnings are being reported while the world is still in turmoil. But then, what does a dog know? Think about that. Like my first dog, I'll probably crawl under the oil tank in the basement until the thunder stops, only to arise and get right back into the sunny future. Sam doesn't expect a stellar year in the market. She already picked up a [bonds] ladder to ride out the next couple years. However, she is still looking to capitalize on the higher dividend stocks (a little insurance) until the biotechs and techs break out with some new innovations. What about inflation? China may give you a clue on what SHOULD happen (continued low inflation), but will the Fed mess it up? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm hoping the change of the guard (King O'Blunder) will provide a spark for more predictability in the world. Unfortunately, many of us are dependent on the masses of clueless voters, like the ones who voted O'Blunder in twice! With that, I question The Donald's real chances since the masses look for cuteness and pleasant talk -- well, maybe he does have a chance then since his opponent will be in the same boat! My job is to determine how I invest in either scenario. Too bad the masses have no clue how to invest, let alone save, leading to uneducated voting. Ok, time to turn the soap box back over and collect my plans for further analysis and planning. Good luck in 2016. You are on your own; don't count 100% on our advice, it comes from a deceased dog with a crystal ball. One last thing, green is the color of the grass, NOT a guiding principle to produce grass; and, I need grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment