Featured Post

1021. Humpty Dumpty Joe [Biden]

 I've been quiet enough. It took me a long time to get on Obama (OBlunder) when in his times he screwed up America along with his sideki...

Sunday, December 20, 2015

735. Volume Icon Disappeared from System Tray

        MSFT Update deleted Volume Icon from System Tray. Not only was the ICON removed and not present as a hidden Icon, when I went to Settings, System, Notifications & Actions, Choose Your Quick Actions to try to turn it on via “Turn system icons on or off” it was grayed out. When I went to “Select which icons appear on the Taskbar” the Volume “square” was there, but no ICON was in it, nor could it be selected because it too was grayed out. This was also true for two other icons I desired in the System tray, Windows Defender and Everything. So, I edited the Registry as per http://www.technipages.com/windows-system-icons-missing-from-notification-area and restarted. Specifically, edit HKEY_Current_User/Software/Classes/Local/Settings/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Tray Notify, export to save that key and values for backup if needed,  and then delete Iconstreams and PastIconStream values. After a restart, Volume came back. After starting Everything application, it too now displayed an Icon both in System Tray and within a settings square. I haven’t tried to get Windows Defender’s square reset to an ICON, but I could turn it on in Settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment